You want to play for points but have more fun playing together, rather than against each other? Well then this may just be the right thing for you! All you need is a little space, 2 rackets, a ball and a watch.
This is how you score:
- You and your partner need to score as many points together as you can in 30 seconds
- For that, the 2 of you stand in the same court (details below)
- Every time you pass the ball to your partner, you score as long as the ball does not touch the ground
- Every distinct swing counts 1 point
- After 10 successful passes, every additional distinct swing counts 2 points
- In a competition against other teams, the team that scores the most points in 3 thirty second plays, wins
These are the distinct swings / passes you can play
The following swings / passes are illustrated in a video, each. Just click on the link:
In Front of Body, right to left
In Front of Body – left to right
Behind the Back, right to left
Behind the Back, left to right
Under Right Leg
Under Left Leg
Diagonal to the Right
Diagonal to the Left
Between the Legs, back to front
Between the Legs, front to back
Between the Legs, over the head
Over the Head, between the legs
Shoulder Circle, right to left
Shoulder Circle, left to right
Roll in Front of Body
This is how you prepare your court:
- Mark out the play area:
- You can use masking tape for demarcations on plane (and clean) hard top courts or you can line the fields with rope / mark the corners with stones for grass or gravel surfaces.
- Avoid tripping by choosing plane areas with no obstacles
That is all 😊 You do not need a net and no other equipment!
Team up and score!
TBBA Assistent Trainer